We pledge to work in partnership with Doane faculty, students, Leadership Team, and the Board of Trustees to enrich the culture of Doane staff by supporting an inclusive, inviting, and equitable community. Staff Council will serve as a communication conduit between staff and administration. Staff Council commits to provide a voice for staff to formulate and endorse recommendations for action to improve the work environment, opportunities, policies, and procedures for the betterment of the Doane community.
The 2022 - 2023 academic year was a big year for Staff Council! Check out some our highlights for the year below:
- Attended both Board of Trustee meetings to represent staff.
- Updated the Staff Council bylaws.
- Reviewed upcoming academic calendars for the next two years.
- Made a "splash" with out Staff Splash Valentines event.
- Held our second election for Staff Council representatives.
- Thomas Doane award was given to Myron Parsley.
- Hosted a staff development training on Google Workspace (recap on page 2).
- Played an integral role in the HLC review on campus in April of 2023.
- Held two staff assemblies across all campuses to ensure effective communication was maintained with staff.
- Met with the President, members of the leadership team, and department heads to better understand Staff Council's role in Doane's future success.
Overall, we had a great year and can't wait to see what 2023 - 2024 has in store for us!