Students Are Responsible For The Following Five Aspects of the Honor Band Procedure:
- Filling out the FFW Student Application Form.
- Preparing an audition for the Honor Band. Information and audition materials below.
- Completing the Honor Band application and uploading the audio to https://audition.zone/doaneffw.
- Practicing a piece of honor band music that will be shared with your teacher electronically.
- By auditioning you are committing to the Fall Festival of Winds on November 4, 2023
Honor Band Timeline
- By Monday, September 25, submit a Student Application form
- From September 11 through October 2, Honor Band audition is to be uploaded to https://audition.zone/doaneffw
- Monday, October 16, selection results will be emailed to your director and honor band music will be available to your director.
- Practice your music and attend the FFW on Saturday, November 4th!
You have TWO options for the Honor Band auditions:
Option 1 is to submit the 2023 Nebraska All State Band Audition Material
- This will include scales, All-State etudes, and excerpt
- The audio you made for the All-State Auditions can be submitted just as you made it for the All-State audition, or you may make another recording.
- Be sure to review the final audio to ensure it plays back properly before uploading the file to https://audition.zone/doaneffw
- If you have not made an audio recording for All-State, follow option 2 outlined below.
Option 2 is to submit your own audio recording of the following:
- Chromatic scale, full range of your instrument
- A-Flat major concert scale
- two octaves whenever possible
- ascending and descending
- Prepare the required etude below
- Alto Sax - FFW Required Etude Alto Sax.pdf
- Baritone B.C. - FFW Required Etude Baritone B.C..pdf
- Baritone Sax - FFW Required Etude Baritone Sax.pdf
- Baritone T.C. - FFW Required Etude Baritone T.C..pdf
- Bass Clarinet - FFW Required Etude Bass Clarinet.pdf
- Bassoon - FFW Required Etude Bassoon.pdf
- Clarinet - FFW Required Etude Clarinet.pdf
- Flute - FFW Required Etude Flute.pdf
- French Horn - FFW Required Etude French Horn.pdf
- Oboe - FFW Required Etude Oboe.pdf
- Percussion Mallets - FFW Required Etude Percussion Mallets.pdf
- Percussion Snare Drum - FFW Required Etude Percussion Snare Drum.pdf
- Tenor Sax - FFW Required Etude Tenor Sax.pdf
- Trombone - FFW Required Etude Trombone.pdf
- Trumpet - FFW Required Etude Trumpet.pdf
- Tuba - FFW Required Etude Tuba.pdf
Audio requirements for students who using audition option 2
- Auditions are to be performed in ONE TAKE. DO NOT pause the audio between segments.
- You may re-record the chromatic scale and prepared etude as many times as necessary, but only 1 file should be submitted.
- Auditions should be limited to six minutes.
- Please clearly identify yourself at the beginning of the audio saying, “This is (Name of Student), from (Name of School), auditioning on (instrument)."
- Be sure to read the audio recording guidelines to ensure your audio is formatted properly and of the highest possible quality.
- Review the audio recording to ensure it plays back properly before uploading the file to https://audition.zone/doaneffw
Doane Honor Band Instructions for Uploading to Audition Zone
The online application and upload process should take between 10 and 15 minutes. Unlike the All-State, you may do all of this by yourself at home without the supervision or help of your teacher. If you choose to upload from school, be sure to work with your teacher as school IT systems may prohibit you from doing so.
*Once your audition has been submitted, you will not be able to make changes.
For questions regarding the application process or audition guidelines, please contact Dr. Andrew Feyes at email@example.com