This checklist outlines the paperwork and other tasks that you will need to complete as a new hire. If you would like to get a jump start on your new hire paperwork, click on the linked forms in Section 1.
Within your first three days of employment you will meet with a member of the Human Resources team to go over the items on the new hire checklist.
At this meeting, if you completed any forms beforehand from Section 1, you can turn those forms in and have the chance to discuss or complete any remaining items.
Section 1: On or Before Your First Day
Please complete these forms and bring them with you on your first day.
- Complete the Employment Information Record
- Complete the W-4 Form
- Complete the W4N Form
- Complete the Direct Deposit Form
The deadline for the following forms is 30 days after your start date.
- Read and Sign the Conflict of Interest Policy
- Complete the Conflict of Interest Questionnaire
- Complete the Web Based Training Courses
Section 2: Discuss and/or Complete at your meeting with an HR Rep, which will take place once you begin employment.
- Complete the I-9 form in the presence of an HR team member. You must provide documents of identity and employment authorizations. The following must be completed within three business days of your start date.
- You will receive an email from Ease.com as soon as Human Resources adds you to the site and you will be able to enroll (or waive) benefits online within 30 days of your start date.
Section 3: Other Resources
- Read the Employee Handbook. The Handbook governs conditions of employment at Doane University.
- FERPA Training Course - Optional, but highly recommended for those who handle student information.
- Keys, Parking Tags, and ID Cards
- Crete Campus Only: The Safety Office will provide you with your keys, parking tag, and ID card. Complete the Employee Parking Form, for your parking tag and bring the form to the Safety Office, located in Padour Walker.
- Lincoln and Omaha Campuses: Your supervisor will assist you with getting any keys you need. Parking tags and Employee ID's are not needed on these campuses.
- Visit Self Service. After your first payday, Self Service will allow you to view your employment history, including electronic pay vouchers and profile information.
- If your position requires you to have a name badge or business card, submit a name badge or business card request through ServiceNow.