Section 1: On or Before Your First Day
The deadline for the following forms is three business days after your start date.
The deadline for the following forms is 30 days after your start date.
- Read and Sign the Conflict of Interest Policy
- Complete the Conflict of Interest Questionnaire
- Complete the Web Based Training Courses
Section 2: Discuss and/or Complete at your meeting with an HR Rep, which will take place once you begin employment.
- Complete the I-9 form in the presence of an HR team member. You must provide documents of identity and employment authorizations. The following must be completed within three business days of your start date.
Complete the following forms and return to Human Resources within 30 days of your start date.
- Complete the Mutual of Omaha Enrollment form for Term Life Insurance and Long Term Disability.
- If you choose to purchase additional voluntary life and AD&D insurance for you or a dependent, complete the Mutual of Omaha Voluntary Life and AD&D Enrollment section of the form.
- Complete the Health and Dental Insurance Blue Cross Blue Shield enrollment form or the declination of coverage.
- If you choose to enroll in Vision Insurance through VSP, complete the VSP enrollment form.
- If you would like to sign up for a 403(b) plan, contact Carol Bietz in the Payroll Office at 402-826-8312 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may discuss additional work/life benefits offered with an AFLAC representative (Flexible Spending Accounts and supplemental insurance). You will be contacted by AFLAC within the first month of your employment.
Section 3: Other Resources
- Read the Employee Handbook. The Handbook governs conditions of employment at Doane University. Employees must abide by the policies contained in the Handbook.
- Read the Faculty Handbook, available via Google Doc, accessed with your Doane Email account. The Faculty Handbook is designed to supply information concerning faculty structure and general operating procedures of the University. The Colleges' catalogs supplement it for academic information, the Student Handbook for student information, and the Employee Handbook.
- FERPA Training Course
- Visit WebAdvisor. After your first payment date, WebAdvisor will allow you to view your employment history, including electronic pay vouchers, and profile information. WebAdvisor is also used for various other needs such as W2 forms and retention alert.
- Keys, Parking Tags, and ID Cards
- Crete Campus Only: The Safety Office will provide you with your keys, parking tag, and ID card. Complete the Employee Parking Form for your parking tag, and bring the completed form to the Safety Office within Padour Walker.
- Lincoln and Omaha Campuses: Your supervisor will assist you with getting any keys you need. Parking tags and Employee ID's are not needed on these campuses.
- If your position requires you to have a name badge or business card, submit a name badge or business card request through ServiceNow.