Incoming first-year residential students have the chance to apply for one of 40 coveted spots in the Directions cohort. Directions students receive a yearly $1,000 scholarship, live in suite-style housing, meet with a peer-mentor, take leadership courses, and complete community service projects across their 4 years at Doane.
- The $1000 Hansen Fellows Scholarship, awarded each of the 4 years you attend Doane.
- Living in suite with other Directions students inside Hansen Leadership Hall (guaranteed for the 1st year)
- A one-on-one pairing with a Directions Mentor who will meet with you weekly during your first year at Doane.
- Taking 1 leadership course with other Directions students during each of your first 4 semesters at Doane.
- Connections to service opportunities at partner nonprofit organizations in Crete, Lincoln, and Saline County.
How to join:
- Apply and be admitted to Doane University.
- Have a 3.0 minimum GPA
- Complete the Directions- Hansen Leadership Program Application by the deadline. The application includes a resume, an essay, a personal reference, and a video introduction. Applicants then must complete a zoom interview by the deadline.
To schedule your Directions Program interview, contact Suzy Cochnar at 402.826.6767 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For all other questions, please contact Quint Geis at email@example.com
The Hansen Leadership Program presents the Zenon C. R. Hansen Bulldog Award to two graduating seniors in the Directions cohort who have demonstrated superior achievement in leadership.