There are many great recruiting opportunities for employers who wish to hire Doane University students and alumni. Career Center staff are prepared to partner with you to help source high-quality interns, new graduate hires and mid or high-level employees for your organization.
- Annual Employer/Student Networking event: Held on the Crete campus in the fall, employers and organizations are invited to attend to network with our students regarding opportunities such as full-time employment, internships, and volunteerism. This event is a great way to get to know the talent that Doane has to offer. Registration is available on Handshake.
- Employer Booths: Employers are welcome to set up a career fair style booth outside of the Career, Leadership, & Service Office on the Crete campus. The ideal time is during the lunch hour (11 AM-1 PM) when the student traffic is high. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a day to visit our campus.
- For our non-residential campuses employers are welcome to contact us about setting up a booth inside our main atrium in the Fred D. Brown Center in Lincoln. Classes begin at 6 so we suggest a 5:30 to 6:30 time slot.
- Speaking in Class: If your organization can share relevant class presentations (unrelated to recruiting) submit that request by filling out the form at this link.
- Connect through Handshake: Handshake is our online job portal open to all Doane University students and alums. Post job and internship openings, register for on campus events, and connect with our Career Development professionals.
For more information about connecting your organization with the career center, please email Sarah.Begay@doane.edu
Career Development Staff
Meet Quint Geis - Director of Career, Leadership and Service
An alum from 2013, Quint graduated from Doane and got his master’s degree from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln in Educational Administration while working in Career Services. From there he moved to Spokane, WA to work at Gonzaga University in Housing and Residence Life. Quint returned to work at Doane in 2018 and loves to see the way that the Doane community encourages student development. Quint and his wife Caitlin, also an alum (2014) enjoy working on their home, serving their church and hosting others at their house.
Email: email@example.com | Phone: 402-826-8501
Meet Sarah Begay - Associate Director of Career Center
Sarah has worked in Career Development since 2014 and prior to that worked in the Office of Admission at Doane since 2002. Her previous experience includes corporate sales and she and her husband own Elle's on Main Restaurant in Crete. Sarah graduated from Doane College and received her master’s degree from Doane University.
Email: Sarah.Begay@doane.edu | Phone: 402-826-8502
Meet Stephanie Hemje - Experiential Learning Coordinator
Stephanie is a Crete native and joined the Doane community and the CLS in 2020. She earned a Bachelor of Science in Middle Grades Education and a Master of Arts in Educational Administration both from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. She worked at the University of Northern Colorado as an Academic Advisor before returning to Nebraska and working part-time for the Business Career Center at the University of Nebraska. Stephanie enjoys spending time with her family and three children and she may be seen on her runs around Doane campus.
Email: Stephanie.Hemje@doane.edu | Phone: 402-826-8107
Meet Allysa Swiec - Non-Residential Career, Leadership, and Service Associate
Originally from Colorado, Allysa is a 2x Alum of Doane. After receiving her Bachelors in English in 2014 she went on to get her teaching license from the Doane Fast Track program in 2016 and then her Masters in Curriculum and Instruction in 2020. She has worked with Doane since 2017, beginning as a tutor in the Academic Support Center on our Lincoln campus serving all non-residential students. She and her husband Zach, also a Doane alum and employee, love spending time with their daughter and Cat.
Email: Allysa.Swiec@doane.edu I 402-467-9003
Other things to know: