- All media interviews should be coordinated by University Communications
- Contact us prior to attending an event or visiting campus to cover a story
- Media personnel are encouraged to wear a badge or similar credential while on campus
- We must authorize all use of Doane photography
Photographs of the Doane University campus, students and activities are available upon request. Use of Doane photographs in news articles and publications must be authorized by University Communications.
Access to Campus and the Use of Photographic Equipment
Doane University has an open campus, where no restrictions are placed on media personnel. However, respect for the privacy of our students, faculty and staff—and occasional mitigating circumstances— require that we set some rules regarding access:
- Media personnel are free to enter the campus, but our media relations team should be notified ahead of time. See campus map and directions for parking.
- The use of still or video images from the campus for advocacy of political positions or candidacies is prohibited.
- Entry to classrooms and offices by media personnel must be cleared with the college in advance. Access to all residence halls is strictly prohibited without prior permission.
In times of emergency, all of the above regulations and policies may be suspended or altered.
Media Attending Events at Doane University
Media personnel should contact us prior to attending an event as part of their news coverage. This will enable us to provide additional background information and make arrangements for parking.
To set up sound and video for lectures or similar activities, we require advance notice.
Commercial Use of Doane Facilities
Doane protects its name and landmarks from inappropriate commercial use. We strive to cooperate with film and video producers desiring to use Doane facilities when their activities serve the college's mission and interests.
Requests are to be sent to our media relations team. We will notify the requestor of our decision and be the main point of contact for the production company and college offices.