Towards the end of the semester, please review the checkout process below.
Residence Halls will be closing at 9 AM on May 6th, 2022 for the spring semester. Students must be checked out prior to 9 AM.
Residence Halls will be closing at 8 PM on November 16th, 2022 for the fall semester. Students must be checked out prior to 8 PM.
How do I Check Out of the Hall?
Prep your room and common area, if applicable
- Remove personal items, clean out the furniture
- Deloft bed if it’s lofted
- Remove all trash, lock windows.
- Remove all tape, sticky tack, or other items from walls and ceiling
- Set the air temperature low, unless your roommate is still there
Prepare Check-Out Envelope
- Receive envelope from your CA or CD
- Place bunking pins in checkout envelope
- Lock room door and exterior door to common areas
- Place room key into the key envelope inside the large envelope
- Seal both envelopes
- Sign the checkout envelope
Turn in Check-Out Envelope
- Return signed envelope to the red lockbox in your hall lobby.
Fees to Avoid
Trash not removed from your room could result in a $50 fee or more. If your room is found in violation of the health and safety standards of the college we may contract an outside service to clean your room. This results in a minimum fee of $500.
Beds that are not completely unbunked or delofted may result in a fee of $50. Any furniture provided in the room that is not present during check-out may result in you being charged a furniture replacement fee.
Personal belongings left behind will be disposed of by Residential Life staff. A removal fee of $50 or more may apply.
Mailbox Key Fee
Mailbox keys need to be returned to the Service Bureau (Mail Room). A $25 administrative fee may be applied for any mailbox keys returned to Residential Life.